Saturday, October 3, 2009

Weeks 2 and 3 - I Know - Pathetic, right?

I had another race this morning, so Jackson got to experience his first one. Of course, he slept most of the time, or in the case of the picture below, sucked his pacifier - we call it his plug (it always does the trick). I actually ran a pretty good race this morning. It was a ten miler that started and ended at the state capital in Richmond. The weather at start time was overcast, 65 degrees F, 93% humidity, wind South 3.5 mph (officially) but it really felt pretty good. Rather than bore you with details of the finish, Here is a link to the race results. I ended up with a time of 1:04:38. My goal was 1:05:00 so I was pretty pleased. I was 24th out of about 800 runners. Well under course to finish my 3 hour marathon in November.

This is Jackson at 6:30 in the morning. Count him present for the first race of his career.

The state capital in Richmond at the end of the race


This is my favorite thing to do on my lunch break.


The flash washed out a lot of the color of his face but i put this picture on so you can see how blue his eyes are becoming.

We brought him home form the hospital in this outfit and it will be the last time he wears it - and he was swiming in it when we brought him home. We just went for our two week checkup and the doctor said babies his age gain usually about 1/2 an ounce to an ounce a day. He gained 2 ounces a day and he was up to 8lbs 6oz. That was Thursday. No telling what he's up to now! Kid eats like a horse.


You can see how fat his cheeks are getting. I think its almost time to strap on a pair of running shoes and get him out there with me. I'll give a week or so to get adjusted to life in the big world - and then the training begins. :-)


He is very cute though.


A rare moment when I can capture Becka with Jackson. The only time she ever gets to hold him is when she's feeding him (which is about 23 hours a day), and I can't hardly take pictures then. This was actually right after she fed him. You can see his blonde hair pretty well here. And Becka's beautiful blue eyes!


"The plug" about to take effect. He really is a good baby, and only cries when he's hungry or dirty. He sleeps a lot, but when he is awake he just lays in his seat and looks around at everything.


It got a little cold one day so Becka HAD to try out his little snow suit.


Sitting with Daddy

Laying in his seat looking around at everybody.

Same

You learn ways to eat and take care of the baby at the same time - I think they call it multitasking?
I haven't actually been able to take any professional photos of him yet. I'm actually waiting until he really starts to look like a human being. Babies change so much in the first couple weeks that he may not even look like the same kid tomorrow. All the pictures I've been taking are on the camera my mom gave us for a baby gift. Very very handy. I just finished taking all the school pictures a couple of days ago so once I get all of them fixed it will be about the right time to take some professional pictures of him - oh, and us with him.

No comments:

Post a Comment