Thursday, February 25, 2010

God's Mercy in Action

I had a really close call this week. I was up in the attic of the auditorium changing light bulbs, and I fell through the ceiling. There is a small catwalk, but if you notice in the second picture, for 2 or 3 studs worth of space, there is no catwalk. I always just walk across on the 4 pieces of conduit that are attached in its place. I was being extra careful because Pastor Brothers was in there and I definitely didn't want to fall through. I usually go up there in the dark and just follow the outline of the lights because I have been up there so many times. This time I actually stopped and turned one of the lights upside down to light the whole attic. The first step I took was onto the conduit and they gave way under my feet. I was holding on to the beam above me, but everything happened so fast that I had no clue what happened until I found myslef straddling that little piece of gray pvc pipe you see next to the conduit. That was the only thing between me and the 25 foot drop from the ceiling onto the chairs in the choir loft. The drywall came crashing down along with a snowstorm of blown-in insulation. Pastor Brothers came up there expecting to find me on the ground and was thankful to see both of my legs dangling through the ceiling. God was definitely watching out for me. Pastor Brothers said in church on Sunday that the four or five guardian angels that God has assigned to me were and are always working overtime.

This is a close-up of the hole.



2 comments:

  1. oh my goodness!!! Thank God you didn't fall through!! That is scary just looking at the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Does your mom know about this? :)

    ReplyDelete